The renovation and rehabilitation of this residential building impressively shows a felicitious combination between architectural elements of the 1950s and the latest design trends. According to the floor plan of the stairwell the architect Dirk Hoga designed these ellispoid and rounded folded stairs with balustrade stringers from the ground floor to the upper floor. The stairs leading to the basement however remained as an element of the original structure.
Modern folded stairs
Like a customised piece of furniture these stylish steel stairs, constructed as folded stairs, comply with the existing structure of the building. Above all, it is the harmonious contrast between the natural wooden cover and the white lacquered steel stringers which mirrors the elegant residential style. In addition to the parapet-high balustrade stringers, serving as fall protection due to their height, the folded stairs structure also corresponds to the current architectural trends in staircase construction.
- Executed according to DIN EN1090 and WPK (in-house production control) EXC2/3. Since 01.07.2014 this legal regulation concerning steel parts has stipulated the monitoring of welding processes by qualified welding engineers corresponding to structural requirements.
- Flight width of the folded stairs: 850 bis 1,240 mm
- 12 risers, 11 steps, 1 intermediate landing, 2 first steps
- Thickness of the stringers 8 - 12 mm, according to structural requirements
- Heigth of the stringers (front edge layer to top edge balustrade): 920 mm
- Heigth of the stringers (front edge layer to lower stringers edge, tread obscuring): 250 - 300 mm
- inner wooden handrail made of European Oak, diameter: 50 mm
laminated, sanded and lacquered surface, direction change on mitre
Tread step construction for folded stairs
- Folded steps made of 5 - 6 mm thick steel sheet, bent at the front, welded at the rear
Tread and riser section closed
for wooden step covering to be provided by the customer
Construction management and planning for the folded stairs
In addition to the technical and mechanical service (manufacturing and assembly of the stairs) we also rended the following service:
- Measurement and inventory when placing the order
- Professional construction management
- 3D CAD construction planning and design, including all 3D visualisations
- Verifiable static calculations for the folded stairs