With a new and representative office building the leading manufacturer of workwear and protective clothing, engelbert strauss, expanded its head quarters in Biebergemünd. In spring 2015 the premises were completed. The transparent glass railings featuring horizontal stainless steel handrails emphasise the straight and linear architectural style of the building with its symmetrically arranged galleries and bridges.
Glass railing for stairs
in accordance with the TRAV (Technical rules for fall protection glazing) being valid at the time of manufacturing
- verifiable structural analysis for the glass railings based on 1,0 kN/m beam load
- supporting structure made of extruded aluminium profiles with panel holders of welded steel/glass pockets
- 2 x 10 mm panes (laminated safety glass), laminated with a PVB film, bevelled edges, length of the panes up to 2,700 mm
- the glass panes for the glass railings were inserted into the glass pockets and casted free from tension with a verifiable sealing
- handrail for the glass railings made of stainless steel round tubes with notches, diameter 48 mm, pasted and sealed with an intermediate layer of neoprene on the glass fillings