In an impressive manner these steel stairs - as an eye-catcher in an urban villa in Hamburg - reflect the excellent qualities of the material steel. According to the flamboyant ground plan with quarter and half-turn running stairs the construction of the steel stairs shows an aesthetic design with elegantly curved radii.
Home > Stairs Overview > Residential StairsIndoor stairs for elegant & modern living | MetallArt Stairs > Steel stairs featuring elegant design
Balustrade for steel stairs
The parapet-high flat steel stringers forming the stairs balustrade emphasise the impressive appearance of the steel stairs. The angle section for the handrail is also used for the indirect LED illumination (inner and outer stringer).
- Design and execution according to DIN 18065
- Parapet-high stringers, curved at the feet and heads of the stairs
- Thickness of the stringers 10 mm
- Height of the stringers - front to upper edge - approx. 920 mm, front to bottom edge of the stringers: approx. 350 mm
- Fixing to the unfinished floor with steel base plates
Beside the impressive ground plan it is also the smooth underside cladding which contributes to the distinctive character of the steel stairs. The steel sheet was welded between the balustrade stringers according to the steel stairs spiralled run.
Tread step construction for steel stairs
- Folded steps made of 5mm thick steel sheet
- Bent at the front and welded at the rear > closed tread/riser structure
- 22 risers
DIN EN 1090 for steel stairs
- CE label for steel parts according to DIN EN 1090 (legally required since July 2014), in-house production control
Site management | Planning | Verifiable calculations
Beside the delivery and assembly of these steel stairs we were also responsible for the following services:
- professional site management
- CAD planning
- verifiable structural calculations
- factory planning
Architect: scoopstudio, Hamburg